About c3: Center for Conscious Creativity
“Creating a better future through arts, media and entertainment…”
The c3: Center for Conscious Creativity is a 501(c)(3) non profit arts and interdisciplinary research, education and project development organization founded in 2004 to provide artists, media makers, content creators, and other interested individuals, a platform and resources to create projects and explore how consciousness, creativity, storytelling, and traditional and emerging entertainment and communication technologies, can help create a better world.
The organization has evolved and is now in a stage of new growth emerging as a global organization in partnership with a global futurist think tank, The Millennium Project
, to advance their Global Arts and Media Node.
The c3 focuses on the study of future trends in arts, media and entertainment, as well as story, creativity, consciousness and the synergy between the two — resulting in the transformative power of creativity for the individual, culture and society.
c3’s focus is on:
- The use of arts, media, storytelling, creativity and transmedia strategy design to add in the creation of a better world and future for humanity.
- Expanding research and understanding of creativity, consciousness studies and the merger of the two.
- Researching and reporting on future trends in the arts, media and entertainment fields.
- Advocating information and resources to the creative community from the work of The Millennium Project and the 15 Global Challenges and Solutions addressed in their publication the STATE OF THE FUTURE report.
- Educating and supporting the creative community, individuals and institutions aligned with the mission of c3 and mentoring and educating youth.
- Supporting the creation of media and arts projects that reflect the mission of c3 with current emphasis on 360 immersive arts and media projects.
- Establishing and supporting cross-disciplinary collaboration and networking with other like-minded organizations and individuals.
- Providing individuals with resources to optomize their creativity, activate their unique “genius” and achieve their highest potential as creators through exploring and developing alternative “inner practices.”
- Supporting the CreateLAB in R&D and performances of immersive experiences in fulldome
- Educating the public on conscious creativity and the power of communication, arts and media to transform.
In January of 2010 the c3
was invited by The Millennium Project to chair and assist in the creation of a Global Arts and Media Node
Arts and media can expand our vision or awe us with beauty, but the evolution of the arts and media in today’s society has taken on even more profound dimensions. Art and media have the power to inspire, communicate and transform on a mass scale. They play a crucial role in forming and reflecting public opinion, connecting the world to individuals and reflecting images of society.
Especially today, in our highly connected, technological world, the power of creativity can provoke thought, activate deep insights, communicate ideas, generate awareness and inspire actions that have the capacity to impact on a global level.
Our need to express and create is powerful. It provokes experimentation and inspires artistic, cultural expressions. These cultural expressions are taking on new shape and meaning in contemporary society. Not only is the role of art and media accelerating transformation and social change becoming more evident, but as we have become more globally connected it is also becoming clear that the process of creating art and media and sharing it is just as powerful as the art and content itself. The transformative practice of the creative process can generate new ideas and inspiration that in turn will develop new leaders and voices for the movement of change. The future of art and media is critically important for the evolution of humanity. Art, creativity and storytelling stirs the soul, ignites the mind and can awaken the spirit of new leadership and a better future for all.
As reflected in the c3 logo, the c3 supports the following activities:
- Social Networking and Creative Collective Community; both virtual and literal with the belief that it is through group collective energy that we can become most effective, and that through community and collaboration we can expand our resources to help each other fulfill those dreams, visions and goals that as individuals we are often limited to experience. This collective provides an experimental social networking resource, a distribution model, a social based collective for change, and a like-minded niche audience of those interested in the betterment of the Self and the planet. Visit http://consciouscreatives.com.ning to join.
- Events; From educational to inspirational and expressive to cognitive, c3 hosts and promotes experimental arts projects, concerts, screenings, art shows and exhibits, workshops, lectures and networking gatherings, as well as conferences and symposiums that reflect the philosophies it stands for. We also provide a platform and promotional support for members who wish to produce their own classes, workshops or events.
- Content; The c3 specializes in fulldome and immersive content R&D and has created and or co-produced several fulldome immersive experiences under the c3: CreateLAB. We offer development and production consulting services and create original content and co-productions with our membership and we provide a Project Partner Program as a fiscal sponsor. The c3 community site offers the membership a place to promote their activities and content, adding a distribution model to the organization that benefits all.
- Fiscal Sponsored Project Partnerships: The c3 provides fiscal sponsorship support for projects that resonant with the mission of the organization. Upon completion of an application and Board review, a project or organization can enter into a formal partnership with c3 as a fiscal sponsoring organization. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education and Consulting; Services are available for youth, individuals and organizations. c3 endorsed services are dedicated to transformation, consciousness, creativity and innovation, and the use of technologies to enhance the human experience. The services it endorses, provided by both its founders and its membership, holds these guiding principals. In 2014, the c3 initiated a series of Mindfulness programs.
- R&D; Additionally, c3 has at its core various experimental and research LABS evolving. The c3: VisionLAB is a cutting-edge research and project development think tank focused on emerging innovation and futures trends in arts, media and communication technologies and their use to create and drive solutions for global challenges. The c3: CreateLAB has been designed as an R&D performance and experimental creativity LAB currently based in the Vortex Dome Theatre located at Los Angeles Center Studios. The c3: MindLAB is a think tank is dedicated to research and explorations into neuroaesthetics, transpersonal psychology, creativity and innovation theory and education methodology, emerging new science and consciousness studies as related to creativity and the evolution of the human potential. The c3: MindLAB also explores and promotes mindfulness and other meditation practices and has collaborated with UCLA’s MARC: Mindfulness Awareness Research Center.
c3 is an organization built and created by its members for its members. It values and holds at its core a process-based inquiry and has been created to stay aware of, and adapt to these rapidly changing times. The c3 is dedicated to function in support of the creative community as the community dictates by continually evaluating what the needs are of the group and then adapting itself as much as possible to serve those needs.
Ultimately, the idea that we are all truly One, and that service to this vision is our primary goal in assisting in the evolution of humanity, is the guiding principal of conscious creativity, and it is that which we uphold as our essential philosophical position.